Followers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Demon-possession in North America

After having witnessed people who were demon-possessed in Africa and also knowing that demon possession is common in South America and Asia, I have pondered why we do not see more demon possession in America. I can honestly say that I have never seen a person who was demon possessed in North America. I am aware that there are people in the country who are demon possessed, but it does not seem to be a common problem.

Then a bit of revelation came to me (I would not necessarily credit this to the Holy Spirit, but the thoughts that follow could be wrong).

In North America and in Europe, Satan does not need to use demon-possession to demonstrate his power. Instead his approach has been much more subtle, but very effective. Satan is a pro at finding effective means of establishing his power.

In America and Europe he has used the reasoning power and wisdom of men to accomplish his goals rather than demon possession. For example, Richard Dawkins is an evangelist of atheism/evolution but I would not say that he is demon-possessed. He certainly Is delusional and is being used by Satan, but he is not demon possessed.

Note the government policies of the United States. Almost totally anti-God, anti-Bible, empowering such groups as the ACLU. Our government is not demon-possessed nor is the ACLU, as much as I dislike them. But they are being used by Satan daily to accomplish his goals—destruction, mayhem, confusion, abuse of Christians, etc.

Bottom line, anything that is opposed to the will of God as seen in the Bible, is basically anti-God and therefore a minion of the devil. So Satan doesn't need to use demon possession.

I will be interested to see if anyone can share more specific data concerning demon possession. For the moment this is my spin on things.

No comments: