Followers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

"A Breath of Fresh Air"



I have come very close to total despair as I watched the machinations and posturings of the various political candidates for President. The amount of money they are spending (more than one-quarter billion dollars) is obscene when you consider the good for which the money could be used. And they want to tell us how to lead this great country. Kansas State University, for example, could use some of that money to simply maintain the structures they presently have.

But yesterday with the arrival of Governor Sarah Palin on the scene I again began to see hope. My daughter in Alaska has met this women on a professional level and has told me about the work Gov. Palin has done to remove corruption from the Alaskan government. She is a highly respected person and an outstanding parent and wife. Her husband is hard-working and belongs to the Teamsters union. Of course the muck-raking Democrats will work to find something to discredit this fine lady. A pox be on their house for doing it!

My prayer would be that there more Sarah Palins appear on the scene and began the massive project of cleaning up the graft, pork-barrel spending, and corruption in our country. Alaska made a lot of money from oil this year and she put that money back in the pockets of the residents of Alaska. In Kansas we pay outrageous taxes while our politicians find new pet projects to spend them on. If I received a check from the state of Kansas I would assume a mistake had been made.

Finally, a breath of fresh air and a candidate I will be comfortable voting for!

No comments: