Followers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Church Humor

In the July/August copy of Today's Christian, p. 13, the following bits of humor appeared.

EXTREME WORSHIP
My husband is the pastor at our church, and he often calls on different members to lead the congregation in prayer. One man, being asked to pray, was nervously trying to thank God for our ability to come together for corporate worship. Instead, getting tongue tied, he prayed, "Thank you for this time of corporal punishment."

CALL THE EPA
My church held a baptism service at a local lake, and I decided it would be a great opportunity to publicly declare my faith in Jesus Christ. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the lake was crowded. As the pastor led me into the water, I jokingly whispered to him that my impurities would rise to the top and pollute the lake. He laughed and shook his head as he lowered me into the water. One week later, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when a headline in the local newspaper announced: "Lake closed because of pollutants!"

We would want to play at this point Randy Travis' song, "Pray for the Fish." If you haven't heard it, then you need to do so.

No comments: